One of the best ways of learning how to play bingo is by having a few free bingo games on the website your looking to join.
Most online bingo websites offer free cards or even free games to give potentially new players and idea of what their websites all about. Some of the best free game websites give you a couple of quid just to try out their website!
This is great news for us Bingo fanatics as not only does it allow you to practice playing bingo for free – but it also allows to to see which bingo websites got the best games and whether it ticks all the right boxes before you actually sign-up.
Before you rush off and start playing free bingo though, just take a couple of moments to read our ‘how to play bingo’ guide below as it should prove invaluable if you’re just starting off on your journey into the world of online bingo.
The main objective of any of the different types of games of bingo is to complete the game pattern on your bingo card before anybody else. If you can do this you have a ‘Bingo’ and win a prize – yes, it’s really that easy.
- There are a variety of types of bingo that you can play, such as 75 ball bingo and 90 ball bingo. To find out more on both, simply visit our dedicated pages.
- When you play online most games will let you buy 3 or 4 cards but some of them will let you have more. If you are feeling lucky and have bought lots of cards then the software on some of the websites will offer you the choice of help with marking your cards.
- The cards (depending on whether your playing 75 or 90 ball) are divided into numbered and blank squares. If you happen to purchase a strip of cards then all of the numbers will be somewhere on the strip.
- You mark off your numbers as they are called out with the ‘dabber’, some bingo websites you are allow you to personalise these with most also having an automatic option.
- The pattern that you are playing in any game will always be shown on the screen so you know if it has changed from the last game. Some of these are really easy to complete and others are pretty tough.
- The standard patterns are straight lines in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal direction or a full house where you need to get all the numbers on the card to win. You can check out all the available patterns on our 75 ball bingo patterns Page.
- Every online bingo game has a caller or a display board where all of the numbers will be shown as they are called. This mostly has the full list of numbers called in each game so if you happen to miss one you can double check on the display board.
- Always pay attention as the numbers can be called out as close as 10 seconds apart and it can be easy to miss. Bingo numbers will be called until a player wins, then the game will stop straight away, the persons numbers will be verified and they will be given their prize.
- Prizes vary depending on which bingo website your on, the price your paying per card and the time of the day your playing. It’s always a good idea to check value of the prize your going to be playing for before you actually purchase your cards.
- Most bingo websites have additional side games you can play whilst playing Bingo. These take the form of chat room games where you can win cash, free games or even summer holidays! Remember to check each sites side game options before you start.